Kennametal Extrude Hone Thermal Deburring System
Deburring & Finishing
- Fast, reliable removal of all internal and external burrs simultaneously in a single operation
- Deburring chamber is hermetically sealed off, eliminating contamination concerns and guaranteeing production safety
- Deburring of internal hard to reach intersected/cross-sectional holes and external contours of components
Staub’s Kenmetal Extrude Hone P250 thermal deburring system achieves complete deburring and deflashing results in a highly efficient manner. Thermal deburring focuses on the removal of material attached to a component as a result of boring, drilling, or cutting operations, as well as decontamination, which focuses on the removal of machining particles trapped in hidden areas.
Our Kenmetal Extrude Hone Thermal Deburring System utilizes the combustion of methane gas within a pressurized chamber to remove burrs, flashings, or hidden contaminants from machined components through an oxidation reaction. Our machine improves the precision of finished product profiles with complete processing in a fraction of the time required by other methods. Our Kenmetal Extrude Hone solution can reach, shape, and perfect surfaces you can’t even see to provide improved performance you can measure.
Highlights of this process include:
- Deburring effectiveness. Burrs, flashings, and loose particles are eliminated, regardless of their location on – or inside – the component.
- Process efficiency. Compared to traditional mechanical and abrasive methods, no media can become trapped in internal areas or contaminate the surface, and no secondary burrs are produced.
- Extremely high production rates. Up to hundreds of parts in a 30- to 60-second cycle time is typical, and 24/7 operations are achievable.
Our custom fixture plates, it allows us to process multiple parts per cycle, increasing efficiency and finishing jobs faster. We can also provide quality and repeatability, uniform results, and customized tooling opportunities.