Keyence Image Dimension Measuring System
We saw many amazing things at IMTS this year. While we didn’t actually buy anything at the show, we came back with a shopping list. After doing some homework, we purchased what we think is one of the slickest measurement systems available. The Image Dimension Measuring System by Keyence gives us some outstanding measuring capabilities:
- Reduced measurement time
- We can measure up to 99 features on up to 99 parts in 5 seconds!
- Reduce the chance for operator error
- No matter who uses the system, measurements are taken and recorded accurately.
- Easy data management
- Statistical values are automatically calculated, and can be outputted as graphs to show trends.
- Easy programming
- Programming a part is easy, and only has to be done once.
At this point, it’s too early to tell how much we’ll be able to utilize this system. With one part that we’ve setup we’ve taken the average inspection time per part from over five minutes to thirty seconds! It takes time to program each part’s dimensions, but cutting out manual inspection is a huge benefit.
Will that same time savings translate across many parts in production? We hope so, but only time will tell. We see this Keyence machine saving us loads of inspection time, and allowing us to be more confident and consistent with our part inspection. We’re using it for measurement of turned parts now, and hope to implement some automatic measurement of milled parts next!