Operating as an automated production milling shop, we house three flexible manufacturing systems each comprised of four to five 4-axis horizontal mills, a linear pallet pool, and an automated guided vehicle. Our flexible manufacturing systems are optimized for long-run production with minimal waste and operator intervention. After routine tooling validation and maintenance checks are completed, our linear pallet pools are capable of running unattended throughout the night.
At Staub, recurring setup costs are a line item of the past. When we take on a long-term project, we engineer a permanent manufacturing process that optimizes efficiency and reduces the opportunity for variation. The program is written, long-term fixturing is designed and fabricated, and tooling is added to the machine magazine. Each program, pallet, and its tooling remain resident in the system, even when it is inactive, for as long as the client needs.
Why do we opt for long-term, custom, permanent fixturing? Decreased machining time, increased efficiency, and workholding that matches customer demand. Our manufacturing system enables a response to just in time ordering unlike other shops in the industry. We can deliver a percentage of the total order, on your schedule, regardless of shipment intervals. We will customize our production rate to match your ordering and manufacturing needs.
- We accept milling jobs starting at 100 parts
- Our linear pallet pools can store up to 50 pallets each
- Each machine stores over 100 dedicated tools at a time eliminating setup time
- We are a precision shop capable of tight tolerance jobs (down to +/- .0002)
- We utilize CAD and CAM programs to work with solid models and optimize machining processes
- We have flexible finishing capabilities through trusted partners – deburring, plating, painting, and assembly
Additional Automated Technologies
- In process probing to ensure machining accuracy
- Broken tool detection and tool life management ensure tools are always in optimal condition
- Individual measuring of each part to ensure accuracy and compliance
- Water soluble coolant system that continuously filters and refreshes the solution for optimal machining conditions
- Three stage, aqueous wash system to ensure parts are particle and contaminant free
At Staub, we deliver quality parts through tailored machining services. We are passionate about innovation, efficiency, and the parts we produce. If we sound like the right fit for your production milling job, please give us a call at (716) 649-4211 or fill out the form below – one of our representatives be in touch to continue the conversation.